I. Introduction / II. Overview / III. Data collections and uses / IV. Choice and transparency / V. Terms for certain jurisdictions / VI. Updates to this policy
When you use Cornershop by Uber, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
We recommend that you read this policy to learn more about the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
Last modified: October 05, 2021
Effective date: October 06, 2021
This policy describes how Cornershop by Uber and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world.
Our practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
This policy also governs Cornershop by Uber’s other collections of personal data in connection with its services. For example, we may collect the contact information of owners or employees of stores or other merchants.
All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” in this policy.
B. Data controller and transfer
Cornershop Technologies, Inc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with accessing or using the services.
Questions, comments, and complaints about Cornershop by Uber’s data practices can be submitted to our Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. Personal data collections and uses
A. Sources of personal data
The following personal data is collected by or on behalf of Cornershop by Uber:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- when users provide such information directly to us, and
2. Data provided by our subsidiaries and affiliates
- when they provide us with personal data about users. For example, when users purchase items through the Uber or Uber Eats apps, the order may be processed through the Platform and Uber will provide certain personal data to us in order to complete the transaction. For more information about how we may share personal data with Uber and Uber Eats, please see our Data Sharing Policy.
3. Data provided by third parties
- when they provide us with personal data about users. Third Parties that share user personal data with us include service providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how users interact and engage with the services, or third parties may help us provide users with customer support.
4. Data provided by networks connected to our Platform
- when users provide your third-party account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to access or use the services through a third-party site or service (such as Facebook), some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into a user’s account with us.
B. Categories of personal data
The following categories of personal data are collected by or on behalf of Cornershop by Uber:
- Personal identifiers, including name, email address, telephone number, IP address, delivery address/current location and Cookies. We collect personal identifiers from users, third parties and affiliates.
- Information protected against security breaches under state law, including name, email address, telephone number, IP address, delivery address/current location, Cookies and payment information (including card number). We collect such information from users, third parties and affiliates.
- Commercial information, including purchase details and history. We collect commercial information from users.
- Internet or other similar network activity information, including Interactions with the Platform, Cookies, device data (such as device ID, manufacturer, operating system, language), IP address, and browsing, search, and purchase history.
- Geolocation data, including current location, which you can choose whether or not to share. We collect geolocation data from users.
- Sensory data, including customer service calls (voice recordings), which we collect from users.
C. How we use personal data
We use personal data to operate, improve, understand and personalize the services, including:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the services, including service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the services.
- To create and manage your account.
- To personalize website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the services.
- To process orders or other transactions, including payment transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the services and Platform, including testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of the services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your personal data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
D. Cookies and third-party technologies
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies, which are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of the Platform. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies, which are used to record your choices and settings regarding the services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to the Platform. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Performance/Analytical Cookies, which allow us to understand how visitors use the services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Platform, what pages visitors view on the Platform and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Platform. Performance/Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the services’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
For mobile users, you have controls in your device's operating system that enable you to choose whether to allow cookies, or share your advertising ID with companies like Cornershop by Uber or our advertising service providers. For information on controlling your mobile choices, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices
E. Data sharing and disclosure
1. Purposes of data disclosure
Cornershop by Uber may share personal data for the purposes of:
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of personal data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Performing services on our behalf, a retailer store’s behalf or an advertiser’s behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own or control.
- Complying with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement.
- Enforcing our contractual terms with users and any other agreement.
- Protecting our rights or the rights of others, including to prevent fraud or other crimes.
2. Recipients of personal data
Cornershop by Uber may share personal data with:
- Service providers, including:
- Payment processors
- Security and fraud prevention consultants
- Legal and other professional advisors
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers
- Analytics providers
- Contract personnel
- Parties who acquire your personal data through an acquisition or other change of control. Personal data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cornershop by Uber’s assets, whether as a going concern (such as through an acquisition), or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
- Other parties at your direction or with your consent, including:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the services), which may include Shoppers and/or drivers.
- Social media and other third-party services, such as Uber (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the services, such as by linking your Uber and Cornershop by Uber accounts).
- Third-party business partners who you access through the services, such as retail stores and advertisers.
- Other parties authorized by you.
- Affiliates, including Cornershop by Uber’s parent company and subsidiaries, as well as other entities under common ownership or control with Cornershop by Uber. This may include entities owned or controlled by Uber Technologies Inc., which may use the data for their own purposes, for example to display your order history and status in the Uber apps, when you purchase items through the Uber or Uber Eats apps.
- Parties that require personal data to be disclosed for legal reasons (such as pursuant to subpoenas or other legal process).
F. Data retention
We retain personal data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you services or fulfil the purposes for which we have collected the personal data, and afterwards for six (6) months to respond to any follow-up questions or concerns relating to your account. Thereafter, we may retain personal data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
G. Account safety
We recommend appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism, limiting access to your computer or device and browser, and signing off after you have finished accessing your account to help keep your account safe. Although we work to protect the privacy of your account and other personal data that we hold in our records, no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any personal data you share with us, and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content except as otherwise required under applicable law.
IV. Choice and transparency
A. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. Please check the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
B. Marketing and notification choices
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means and any legally required consent to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the services. If you want to revoke your consent, or do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by changing your account settings at http://cornershopapp.com/preferences/notifications. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Cornershop by Uber by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. Please note that if you decline to receive essential account communications (such as receipts), you may no longer be able to use some or all features of the services.
C. User personal data requests
Users may submit a personal data request using the following methods:
You may also authorize an agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from you or your authorized agent when they make a request on your behalf.
V. Terms for certain jurisdictions
A. For users in Brazil
- Please see here for information regarding Cornershop by Uber’s privacy practices required under Brazil’s General Data Protection Law (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados - LGPD).
B. For California users
California residents may request that Cornershop by Uber:
- Disclose the sources, categories, and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them, how that information is used including the purpose, and with whom Cornershop by Uber shares it
- Delete their personal information
- Disclose, for any “sales” of personal information under the CCPA, the categories of personal information collected and sold and to what categories of third parties it was sold
- Opt them out of sales of their personal information (if any)
- Provide a copy of their personal information in a readily usable format that allows the information to be transmitted to others
- California residents may not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described above.
California residents may exercise their rights through the links below:
- Request deletion of your account
- Request an export of your data
- Opt out of sale of your personal information. Cornershop by Uber does not sell your data — we are not data brokers, and we don’t put your data on the open market. However, under the CCPA, some sharing of personal information necessary to provide you with personalized ads may be considered a “sale,” even if no money is exchanged. You may opt-out of such sharing using the link above. If you opt out, Cornershop by Uber will stop sharing your information with some of its advertising partners, and you will no longer receive personalized offers from Cornershop by Uber on some sites or services.
VI. Updates to this policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Cornershop by Uber app or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated policy to the extent permitted by law.