Escolha outro país ou região para ver o conteúdo específico baseado em sua localização.
Effective date: July 2020
At Cornershop, we take your privacy seriously. Please read the following notice to learn about the personal information we collect, how we use and share your personal information, and your rights.
Cornershop technologies inc is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of the Services.
Our websites and apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites (e.g. those of our partner, advertisers and/or affiliates). If you follow these links, please be aware that Cornershop is not responsible or liable for these third-party websites, which will have their own privacy policies.
Sources of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data about you from:
- when you provide such information directly to us, and
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates (together, “Affiliates”), when they provide us with Personal Data about you. For example, when you purchase items through the Uber or Uber Eats apps, the actual purchasing and delivery may be provided by us and Uber will provide certain Personal Data to us in order to complete your transaction.
- Third parties, when they provide us with Personal Data about you (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Data with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- Networks connected to the Services. If you provide your third-party account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Services through a third-party site or service (such as Facebook), you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your user account with us (your “Account”).
Categories of Personal Data We Collect
|Category of Personal Data||Personal Data Collected||What is the source of this Personal Data?|
Delivery address/current location Cookies
Customer records identified by state law (including the California Customer Records statute (Cal.
Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)))
Delivery address/current location
Payment information (including card number)
Purchase details and history
|Internet or other similar network activity information||
Browsing, search, and purchase history
Interactions with our Services
Device data (such as device ID, manufacturer, operating system, language)
Note: this may be considered sensitive data in some jurisdictions
|Current location (optional – you can choose whether or not to share this data)||You|
|Sensory data||Customer service calls (voice recordings)||You|
Cookies and Automatically-Collected Information
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies . Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Services, what pages visitors view on our Services and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Services. Performance/Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Services’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
The following cookie providers require us to share these specific terms with you:
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some Services and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Please note that our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the following processing and sharing of Personal Data in a particular country or region only if permitted, and to the extent permitted, under the laws of those places. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding our practices in a particular country or region.
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Services, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the Services.
- To create and manage your Account.
- To personalize website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the Services.
- To process orders or other transactions, including payment transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the Services, including testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means and any legally required consent to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our services. If you want to revoke your consent, or do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by changing your account settings at http://cornershopapp.com/preferences/notifications; however, please note that if you decline to receive essential account communications (such as receipts), you may no longer be able to use some or all features of the Services.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Purposes for disclosures of Personal Data to third parties
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties for the following business purposes:
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of Personal Data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own or control.
We may also share your information (i) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement; (ii) in order to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement; and (iii) to protect our rights or the rights of others, including to prevent fraud or other crimes.
Recipients of Personal Data
We disclose (which may include transferring and/or transmitting) your Personal Data to the following categories of other parties:
- Service providers, including:
- Payment processors
- Security and fraud prevention consultants
- Legal and other professional advisors
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers
- Analytics providers
- Contract personnel
- Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
- Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Cornershop’s assets, whether as a going concern (such as through an acquisition), or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part)
- Other parties at your direction or with your consent.
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services), which may include our shoppers and/or drivers
- Social media and other third-party services, such as Uber (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the Services, such as by linking your Uber and Cornershop accounts)
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Services, such as retail stores
- Other parties authorized by you
- Affiliates, including Cornershop’s parent company and subsidiaries, as well as other entities under common ownership or control with Cornershop. This may include entities owned or controlled by Uber Technologies Inc., which may use the data for their own purposes, for example to display your order history and status in the Uber apps, when you purchase items through the Uber or Uber Eats apps.
- Parties that require Personal Data to be disclosed for legal reasons (such as pursuant to subpoenas or other legal process)
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. For example, the Services use industry standard transport layer security for data in transit, and we adhere to the guidelines of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework for encryption of data at rest whenever possible. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any Personal Data you share with us, and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content except as otherwise required under applicable law.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services or fulfil the purposes for which we have collected the Personal Data, and afterwards for six (6) months to respond to any follow-up questions or concerns relating to your account. Thereafter, we may retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Personal Data of Children
You have the rights outlined in this section. Please see the “Exercising Your Rights” section below for instructions regarding how to exercise these rights. If you have any questions about this section or whether any of the following applies to you, please contact us at email@example.com.
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. Upon receipt of a valid request from you, and following verification of your identity as required by applicable law, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
If we have disclosed your Personal Data for a business purpose during the 12 months preceding your request, we will identify the categories of Personal Data shared with each category of third party recipient.
If we have sold your Personal Data during the 12 months preceding your request, we will identify the categories of Personal Data purchased by each category of third party recipient.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. This right is subject to certain exceptions depending on applicable law: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
You have the right to request that we update, modify, or correct any of your Personal Data in our possession if it is not accurate.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within the period of time allotted by the applicable law of the country where you reside.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
- Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting a form at this address: https://cornershopapp.com/privacy_request
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights
Special Terms For Certain Jurisdictions
Over the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of your Personal Data to service providers or other parties for the business purposes listed above (but note that we have not collected this from you specifically if you have not used the Services during the past twelve (12) months):
- Personal identifiers.
- Customer records identified by applicable law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity information.
- Geolocation data.
- Sensory data.
Sales of Personal Data
In this section, we use the term ‘sell’ as it is defined in the CCPA. We sell your Personal Data, subject to your right to opt-out of these sales (see the “Exercising Your Rights” section below for information about how to opt-out).
We sell your Personal Data to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers
Over the past twelve months, we have sold the following categories of your Personal Data to third parties (but note that we have not collected this from you specifically if you have not used the Services during the past twelve (12) months):
- Personal identifiers.
- Customer records identified by state law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity information.
Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. To do so, click the following link:
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
Once you have submitted an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your Personal Data for at least 12 months. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Data sales at any time by clicking the following link:
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.